Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

hello

I've made several attempts to write an update, but after such an extended disappearance I don't know how to just casually waltz back in here, even if it's just briefly to say hello.

Where do I start? What do I talk about? so much has happened since I was last here, so much good things...

Well, let's start by saying that things are going pretty well.  My hair is growing back, I'm also gaining weight, and even though there's no date set but we've talked about getting married this spring!  The most exciting update to share is that as of last month I am no longer menopausal! Yay!  This gives us a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, I can beat the odds and try to conceive once I am finished with my 5 year Tamoxifen treatment.

As much as I feel like a normal 30 something female these days, regular follow up appointments at the cancer centre keeps me busy.  As a matter of fact I was just there today having my first post cancer mammogram.

Even though cancer will never be completely out of my life, but it's becoming a small inconvenience, a thing of the past, a distant memory.  I am trying to live each day focusing on the present.  To quote Shifu Oogway (from Kung Fu Panda)

"There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

I hope you are all enjoying your presents, and here's to a healthy and happy 2014!

Cheers!


4 comments:

opivy111 said...

glad to hear you're doing well!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're doing well. Here's to a happy and healthy 2014.

Liana said...

I was happy when your posts showed up on my feed today. Been wondering how you are doing.

Happy New Year!

Rekha Monger said...

Just the other day, I thought about you and wondered how you were doing. In fact yours was the first blog I started reading.

Welcome back J'aime. Wish you a blessing year in 2014.